Saturday, March 8, 2008

Goodbye to Boston, part 1

After sleeping one hour (from 3 to 4 am Saturday), it was time to get ready to sit in a van for seven hours on the way to Boston. Thankfully, the drive was relatively smooth and we were a step ahead of the worst weather. We made it to Trish's home for a wonderful "farm" breakfast that was more than I usually eat in a day. It was awesome.
I managed to sleep a few extra hours the van, but even as I type this, I'm pretty darn tuckered out.
Make it to the conference after getting lost on the streets of Boston for a little bit. Get my name badge but wasn't able to get my materials for Placement.
I head out with the First Year Cohort to this restaurant called Dick's Last Resort where the service is awesome, in that they insult you to your face all the time. It's a nice change of pace and makes for some very entertaining dinner time conversation. I want to write more, but I'm totally knackered. And on top of that, I just walked in the rain for far too long.

No comments: