Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So story time people: a few weeks ago I took myself out to dinner at a local diner. As I'm pulling into the parking lot I notice one of my co-workers and his family. I thought I was going to have a dinner by myself listening to Pro Tour: Berlin coverage on my iPod. Instead, I get to sit down with a really nice family. Eventually, the talk turns to the fact that we're all Jewish and jDate comes up. You know, that website Jews go on so we can find other Jews and have Jewish relationships, like Woody Allen or Larry David and the women that are like, immeasurably more attractive than they are. Hey, we all can dream, can't we?
So anyway, it turns out that my co-worker met his future wife on the site. Up until then I had rarely considered actually paying for the service, but seeing it in front of my face gave me a nudge in a different direction. Of course, then I got a message from someone on there and I was sold- I signed up for a month. It did not matter that the first woman to message me looked like an animated cadaver, I wanted to see if ti could work for me.
So I've been on there for a week and have talked with a few women- it's very hit or miss. I think, though, I might have found someone to carry on a deeper conversation with. here's hoping.
Saturday is the Filmore 104 Reunion party, also known as The Homecoming Queens/The Andrea Doria playing the school at which I work. I am stoked. These guys are all my friends and I hope that this event goes well. There is a group of students who are dedicated to making the music scene thrive on campus and for their sake, I hope it does.
Also, I love rock and roll shows- who doesn't?

No comments: