Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's about time Alex!

Okay, first off, the play list I had for my epic state crossing trip (Buffalo-Albany, Albany-New Paltz, New Paltz-Buffalo).
Here it is

Stage 1: Buffalo to Albany

Less Than Jake, "Losing Streak"
Big D and the Kids Table, "How It Goes"
The Fad, "Kill Punk Rock Stars"
The Lawrence Arms, "Apathy and Exhaustion"
Alkaline Trio, "From Here to Infirmary"
Against Me!, "New Wave"

Stage 2: Albany to New Paltz
Bouncing Souls, "How I Spent My Summer Vacation"
Mustard Plug, "Evildoers Beware"

Stage 3: New Paltz to Buffalo
Streetlight Manifesto, "Everything Went Numb"
The Saint Alvia Cartel, "The Saint Alvia Cartel"
Catch 22, "Keasby Nights"
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, "Live From the Middle East"
The Loved Ones, "Keep Your Heart"
Millencolin, "Machine 15"
Strung Out, "Blackhawks Over Los Angeles"

Sweet play list, it kept me going.

I ventured into Buffalo last night. The internets told me there was a music festival at this bar. So I hop into Obi-Wan (that's the Honda) and head down town. I end up at the bar, and I find out it's a biker bar- I'm not a biker. I go inside, and lo and behold, no music festival.
Just bikers.
I'm still not a biker.

I end up at an Irish pub and make nice with the owner.
To the Detroit fan at the bar- I love talking sports, but you were very drunk. Next time we talk sports, please don't touch me.

To the random woman who spoke to me: You totally gave me great fodder; your lines were priceless:
"Wait, so how tall are you?"
"I know this is going to sound like a bad pick up line, but do you come here often?"
Her: "So if you want to do something on june 7th..."
Me: "Well, I hope to have a job by then."
Her: "Oh, don't worry, I don't mean to be mean, but you won't"

Classic.

1 comment:

toastisart said...

oh jeez alex?? what kinda girls r u attracting?? did u find out if they were barflys??
so i take it ur trip to the bar was eventful huh??..lol

;D