Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rum is for pirates

The title comes from my new required reading- the bad sandwich chronicles. This blog is written by all around dude Brendan Kelly. He sings in bands, plays the bass, and is a funny ass writer. Check it out, the link is somewhere on this page.
My most recent interview went well, but like all things recently, I'm going to have to wait patiently to hear back.
I am finding it really hard to write still. This total lack of anything in my days makes for a very boring life. Today I walked around Brooklyn looking for places to go drink later with friends. So, if you're out there reading this and want to do some bar crawlin' hit me up- I've got time on my hands.
It's a shame really-I'm looking for that bar. You know, the one that just feels right. The one that has albums you actually want to drink to in the jukebox, the teams you want to watch on the screen, the beer you want to drink and the women who will be attracted to you. You know, like that absurd Miller Lite Beer Heaven commercial, only with decent beer, better lighting, and Teenage Bottlerocket playing in the background. Man, that place would be awesome...
Speaking of lies on TV, I am just sick of the news. I'm not hearing any important stories, just different opinions and stories designed to try and make me feel better about the human spirit. I mean, heaven forbid the news ceases to care about ratings and starts to care again about providing information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me, of how nothing interests me anymore,
and my friedns don't do the jobs they used to