Monday, August 11, 2008

So...

I did not expect to be here.
A few hours ago I redid my bartending resume and will hit the streets tomorrow looking for work.
I love bartending. It brings in some money and I really enjoy the atmosphere of aura that comes with the job. All that being said, I don't want to do this.
I just invested two years of my life- all that hard work and sacrifice- in a master's degree. I had to put up with some of the hardest times of my life and I came out better for the wear. I was told I'd go far, and I believed the hype.
I know I'm complaining, but it is my blog, so I'll do what I want.
It isn't that bad- I'm alive and have a place to live. I'm not broke and I'm in good health. What sucks is that I've been the finalist for 7 jobs, and haven't converted one yet. If I were a pitcher, I would have been bumped down to double A by now.
But like I said, I do love bartending. Good money, good times.

No comments: