Thursday, October 16, 2008

And it feels like summer in October

You ever get a song stuck in your head for a few minutes,and you have the sudden urge to listen to that song, and then you get home, and you can't remember that song for anything. That sucks. That is how I started my day.
This entire four day week has messed with my head. Columbus Day knocked me out of whack and took the life out of a perfectly good rock show. We booked the Andrea Doria (you know, that band I wrote about before) to play and they seriously rocked. They know how to put on a show, regardless of venue, and you can really feel the love and passion in their set. It was just a shame more people didn't show up to enjoy their set.
Maybe next time, we booked them to come back in a month, and this time people won't be gone for the long weekend. It should be a rocking good time, some come out and dress like a pirate...or a hobo...or a zombie.

It scares me that there are people in this country that believe the Bible word for word. Now, I consider myself a spiritual person- I believe in some higher power. But personally, I don't know how one group's infallible book is any more truthful than another group's infallible book. I mean, if both books are equally awesome, shouldn't someone's head explode?

There should be a rule- if you break up with someone, everyone in the world has to discontinue using the scent that person used. It's only fair.

I want to get out. I am looking for awesome people with good taste in music in the greater White Plains area to help me find good bars and awesome things to do. I am a fun guy to hang out with since I resemble a leprechaun while drunk and have been known to jig...poorly. So, for the low low price of a can of PBR and some whiskey, this blog can be the sights of your drunken exploits!

Back to the Andrea Doria- they crashed at my place..myspace? and they are just awesome guys. We had a blast trying to find a decent bar and found a special on beer. We ended up getting a round of Negra Modelo's cheaper than a round of Miller Lite. Now I don't know about you, but that makes for a good night.

That's all for now...please tell me how to make this suck less.
Oh, and if you are a punk band looking for a bass player, I know how to adequately play the bass.

No comments: