Friday, October 17, 2008

Like a kid on the fist night of Chanukah

Getting into a band right before their new album comes out can be a great experience. You get to gorge on everything that;s out there in an orgy of musical joy.
And then there's the anticipation of that new album. wanting ti expand upon the experience of this great new aspect of your life. Then the album comes, and you have those wonderful moments of discovery of listening through it a few times to appreciate it as something totally new. On top of all that, you have the history right there to hear that growth.
This has been my experience with the new Dillinger Four album. I only got into the band about a month ago and have devoured their catalog. Then I got my copy. It took me a while, but I'm digging this album more and more. It really is quite awesome and a great extension of what they have done before.

Now I'm looking for things to do tonight. None of my friends are really coming up to where I live for a drink so I'm going to fall back on the skills I learned while I was looking for a job: drive to a bar, have a beer, sober up, leave. Until I establish some social ties up here, that is going to be my life.
I thought i was going to be getting involved in a band, but my contact has basically ignored me for the past three days, which is either a sign of being busy, or she utterly despises me.
Which do you think?

No comments: