Friday, October 3, 2008

The good thing about being a Mets fan right now...

is that I am not a Cubs fan. I mean, fuck, I would hate to be a fan of that team. At least our team isn't a tease. The Cubs are like, your about to score on prom night and your get out the rubber, and your dick just falls off- right there- four times in a row.
And then your date runs away with that guy who just moved in from New York. And he scores. In front of you. A lot.
The Mets had the decency to break our hearts in the regular season, so for that, I thank them.

I have to be careful with what I write here. You see, I am a college administrator and heaven forbid someone comes across and reads my ideas and vulgarity. Like they'd be terribly offended about my thoughts and not the fact that I write pages upon pages about a card game. No, the fact I talk about microwaving cats or post ridiculous Star Wars pictures is the real scary thing. Sigh.
One good thing about my job is that I get to book bands to play (for very little money). It's still cool to just be like, watching music and knowing you helped make it happen. You know, cause I really suck at playing music.
I continue to say absurd things at work and I can't stop myself. It's one of those places where I just feel comfortable, so all sorts of weird shit pops out of my mouth. I should pull a Norm MacDonald from "Dirty Work" and just record everything I say, you know, with a bad affect and Canadian accent.
DW was an underrated movie. Anything that features an army of hookers is good by me. Combine that with nut punches and Adam Sandler as Satan, and you have a late night classic.

And we're back. My boss just called me (well, bleeped me on a NexTel). She's quite awesome and it's nice that she informs me of her brain farts. I, instead, inform her of how I sit in pizza. I'm just that awesome.

I have to start writing again, and this is the start. I have a couple of editing gigs that might be coming my way, and I really want to take advantage of them. Hey, it might be a card game, but it's one I love.

No comments: