Wednesday, August 1, 2012

House Boat Live




AVI's and a bowl in bed 
I'm trying to wipe out the sound in my head
Check the phone for the forty-ninth time 
You crawled out of the woodwork
and into my mind 
I guess that I don't mind 

And I don't think that you're telling lies
but I wasn't raised to believe in Julys
I'm turning the light off
and closing my eyes again

Stay awake for a few more days 
the sun's always rising 
the weeks melt away 
Get a message and I hit reply
I create my own problems
I'm hung out to dry 
and I know why 

The dog and I are gonna just stay home 
I blacked out the windows 
and blew up the phone 
I figure I'm just gonna end up alone again

So I guess I'm gonna stay at home 
locked in my bedroom 
one hand on the phone 
hoping that I won't end up alone again
Sunrise and I close my eyes 
I'm tired of drifting through everyone's lives
I don't think I ever believed in July
I don't think I ever believed in July
I don't think I ever believed in July...

No comments: