Thursday, September 25, 2008

Movin' eighteen miles a minute but not slowin' down for nuthin'

Time for some random thoughts:
*I want to record a CD. Just a rock album, but in the background have the low whine of a police siren. This way, when people are rocking out t my music in their car, they'll constantly be paranoid of getting pulled over.
*The Mets are not a playoff caliber team this year. Too many injuries; too old of a team. If they can rebuild their bullpen for next year, I really like their chances.
*Family Weekend starts tomorrow. I am stoked. Everything should go well, but the weather might throw some monkeys into our plan. The shit-flinging kind of monkeys.
*If the Mets do make the playoffs, I predict they will play the Tampa Bay Rays in the World Series, and lose in seven games. The winning pitcher will be Scott Kazmir. Mr. Met will go on a rampage setting fire to Steve Phillips and then beat Victor Zambrano to death with a wiffle ball bat.
*I say the stupidest things at work, and the only witness is my boss. It's a good thing she has a sense of humor.
*If I was terribly injured in a plane crash and all the radio stations were playing "All the Small Things" as they described my terrible turn of events, I'm not sure I would want to get better.
*My neck still hurts.
*jDate is worthless.
*I want my neck to get better so I can get back to the gym.
*I hate talking politics with my parents. They are jaded liberals. I am a hopeful liberal. We're on the same side, but see different levels of liquid in the glass.
*I really hope that liquid is whiskey, and not monkey urine.
*The Minnesota Twins are probably the franchise that is the best at what they do: produce playoff caliber teams year after year. The Yankees used to do this, and then they tried to buy their way to the playoffs every year with success until this year.
*Daniel Murphy is the man.
*I hate having crushes on a woman. It makes everything else about my life infinitely more complex and annoying.
*I went on a cake run today.
*I need a back rub.

That's all for now- go listen to the Dillinger Four.

No comments: