Saturday, January 19, 2008

Single Saturdays

A lot has happened over the past few days. From absurd dreams involving high school crushes and key lime flavored yogurt (separate dreams mind you) to studying for the comprehensive exam I have Friday and nearly everything in between (and yes, I mean everything), I am a bundle of exhaustion and energy.
Dougherty got G-Mail finally, so we've been chatting it up during the days. I'm jealous as hell of his job- he works and make money, and gets to see prop guns for use in movies. He's my brother for life, but I miss sharing music with him. He got me into punk and ska, and has since moved to more mature pastures. I, on the other hand, refuse to get old, so it's the same old song and dance (four chords and moshing). I miss the man horribly though.
I wish Buffalo, or at least the area I occupy, was more conducive to the single life. There are no real hot spots to go, per se, and everything seems to be geared towards families, kids, couples, or older people. This leaves single dudes like me home on a Saturday night, since I can't easily go downtown where all the undergrads love to party. Actually, it would be really easy for me to do that, but I don't feel comfortable doing that. Being the only single person in my program makes the social aspect a little off. I'm always ready to go out and paint the town red...or at least beige, and it's hard to find a good wing-person in a group full of people in committed relationships.
But of course, I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining. Life's good, and in a few short months I'll get a job and be off to an entirely new area (or maybe a familiar one).
Side note: does anyone read this? If you do, please let me know.

No comments: