Sunday, August 2, 2009

So my vacation ends in approximately 12 hours, and I'm just happy to be getting back into the swing of things. A few brief updates.
I had a good date...a little longer than some others, but not so long that it became inappropriate. The odd moment was learning her mother's maiden name is my family name. We then spent twenty minutes trying to figure out if we were cousins. Also, we saw The Ugly Truth...I do not recommend the film, as it is highly predictable and rather annoying.
Friday was another day at Head 2 Head for Magic. I was all prepared for Standard but we drafted instead. Good news for me at least. I did pretty well, made some new pals and helped every get their pizza during the evening.
Saturday was driving to camp for Alumni Day. The party was great, the day was rained out more or less. Whatever...it was good times with good people, and I got to drink on a mountain, watching the sunset and miles long freight trains.
One thought ran through my mind over and over again this weekend, as I saw people from my past. Some of them are just finishing school, and are either unemployed or working jobs they hate. Some of them are contemplating the next step and are worried about their future. I realized I am exactly where I want to be.
I have my career, even in the nascent stages, and I'm doing okay for myself financially (although I could always use more scratch). I just...I cannot imagine going back to a time when I would wake up in the morning and not feel happy about the work I was going to be doing that day. Yes, sometimes I'm tired and cranky, and sometimes it is work. Nevertheless, this week has given me a chance to step back and see how truly awesome I have it currently.
This positive streak will not last long, I promise.
Later dudes,

No comments: