Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Run Like Hell

Monday evening I decided to try my hand at some bars. Needless to say, it was an experience. The first bar I went to was one I frequent, but the clientele that evening was a bit older than I was used to, and made socializing hella awkward. Well, scratch that, just regular awkward, because the next bar I went to...that was hella awkward. I had heard about this bar on Craigslist and was excited because I was told it would be an Irish Pub featuring good music on the jukebox. I was expecting a hangout for the good punks of the region. Instead I got the old Irish people. I, being a spry young Jew, did not jive so well. I faked a phone call and left post haste.
The next day I actually decided to do something with myself and drove to the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, Connecticut. It is a great aquarium and a wonderful trip.
However, going to an aquarium by yourself in the early afternoon is a great way to feel like a child molester. Seriously, I felt like every one was watching me, getting ready for me to go all pervy on their wards. Hey...not cool random strangers, not cool. Maybe I was getting awkward looks because I was wearing my Bad Sandwich Chronicles T-shirt, which prominently features the face of a man with a mustache. Who knows.
After my time at the aquarium, I wandered around the town and found this nifty little burger joint where I had a decent burger, and a PBR. Mmmm, PBR. Also, this place had really really cute waitresses.
So after driving home, I did nothing until kickball. It was a hard fought game, we were down 3-0, then tied it, then down 6-3, then tied it, and won 7-6. So afterward we head to the bar, where I proceeded to drink Coor's Lite for the first time in about 6 years. Seriously...I was actually tipsy.
Oh, anyway, I shaved my beard. I get bored with them after a while and sometimes decide I need a change. This is part of my overall rebranding as a male. It's all about confidence, and I just don't like the way I've looked with a beard recently, so it had to go away.
Later dudes,

"Your face was smiling as you hit the ground
We're running out of time"
The Flatliners- Run Like Hell

No comments: