Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some say it's a blackhole

So, I guess it's time for a real update.
I'm finally totally out from under my family. I switched over my cell phone plan today and now am totally self sufficient, money wise. It is definitely a weird feeling. I mean, yes, I've been on my own since September, but this is it. It's a weird and liberating feeling.
I now have a Blackberry, and while cool, it is going to take some getting used to. I mean, I like it and all, but I feel like I just upgraded phones, rather than got a personal pocket computer. Time will tell.
So, the Mets. I mean, I love them, but I really cannot get a read on this team. Are they the scrappy never say die underdogs or the injury plagued fill ins waiting for the stars to align? Every day it's a different team and I just do not know. Trying to figure this team out is almost as frustrating as watching them play.

I still love them.

Mark's band, The Andrea Doria, are playing in the city tomorrow, and this just happens to coincide with Mark's birthday. This means drinking, and quite a bit of it. I am excited. I like the guys in the band and they have crashed at my place a few times.

More news: I have some dates lined up. Ever since I changed my jDate photo to something more mature and clean cut, I find the ladies slightly more receptive to me. Holler. So yeah, I have some dates lined up, and I am sure to let everyone who reads this know how they end up.
I hope it does not make me a scum bag for having first dates with a few different people in a row. I don't think so, since I'm just trying to feel my way around the dating scene. I guess I'm making up for lost time.
Later dudes,

"Day to day, night to night, that's how we live and we're alright
Time's better lived in shorter lengths of time, paycheck to dollar night"
The Copyrights- Kids of the Blackhole

No comments: