Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Everchanging

So Magic announced a huge change to the rules. I am not sure how I feel about this. I will want to wait until I play a few games with the new rules and cards before I say yay or nay, but I honestly feel like it'll be okay an I'll keep playing (as if the latter was ever a question). basically, combat got "more intuitive" to their focus groups, but makes less sense to everyone else playing the game. I can't travel back to my days of learning the game to see if these rules would have been easier to grasp, but I don't think they would be.
I still love the game.
American Steel posted a new song which is just, absolutely fucking perfect. Check it out at myspace.com/amsteel. I mean, really...this guys just kick so much ass and play music with such raw emotion that shine through in their lyrics and tone; it gets me every damn time. Seriously, if you like punk rock even a little, check out this band.
I feel bad for my pal, who shall remain nameless, but posts here from time to time. She's having a rough time of it, dealing with a terrible work situation. I wish she could quit, but in this economy, I know it's a bad idea to do anything drastic. She's doing all she can, and I know her situation will get better, but I am hoping for sooner rather than later.
So Philly (code name people, code name) called me today. I am still awed by this, and I find it incredibly endearing, mostly because the girl I dated for almost a year only called me if A) something was going wrong, like she was bleeding to death or B) she was returning my call. So yeah, getting calls from a woman who I haven't even been a date with yet...nice change of pace and ego boost.
I also got the information about the kickball league today and talked to my co-worker about signing up with me, which would be sweet.
Okay, that's all for now, later dudes.

"We only need a song to dance to
We only need a chorus to sing along to
Pabst tall boys and all of our friends
And everything will be alright
If only for tonight, if only for tonight
Drink and dance and sing along
Cause everything will be alright
If only for tonight"
-American Steel- "Emergency House Party"

No comments: